This week I talk to Matt Bretten about Humans vs. Tools. Matt’s gonna be a voice you’ll be hearing more of moving forward. Stay tuned for more news!
This is an unfairly stacked deck, I admit. You can’t really take the position that tools are more important/better than the human side of testing. However, we did touch on myriad fascinating topics:
- “A bad workman always blames his tools”
- Psychology and it’s importance to software development
- Writing code and using tools is the easy part, it’s harder to know when to make use of them and when not but also communicate and work together effectively
- You could describe ideas, knowledge and skills as tools – for example I consider pairing a tool I find useful for certain situations
- Boeing report – 80% of aircraft incidents caused by human error
- The ELIZA effect